Welcome to my blog!

Welcome!
Here is where I post information and pictures of my collection of Lord of the Rings and Hobbit miniatures, works in progress and battle reports.
Thanks for visiting!

Saturday 22 December 2012

The Hobbit: Goblin Town Scenery

I'm getting the Escape from Goblin Town box set for Christmas (not long now!) and I thought I'd like to do something extra with the scenery. So I decided to make a Goblin Town board, with helter-skelter, higgledy-piggledy walkways and columns of stone.
The first bit I've done serves as a backdrop and also a high entry/exit point for the Dwarves to make a dash for. It's made out of polystyrene, styrofoam and scenery mortar to blend and add texture. So here are the pictures (as always, click to enlarge):

The cliff face, complete with tunnel entrance, flaming torches and rickety railings.

The tunnel entrance.

Close-up of the torches. These were made from cotton buds, with the cotton drawn upwards, glued and painted.

Gandalf makes an appearance in the nick of time - ready to blast some goblins!
I'll make some more when I get the Escape from Goblin Town set. Until then, happy Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Genius way of making torches!

    The board look exellent so far. *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good! You have reminded me to add the 'railings' to my own set up. I like those torches too... I may 'borrow' that idea... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Scott! Feel free to borrow ideas - I am only too pleased to have been an inspiration! :)

      Delete